Valentine High School Bulletin for Friday, August 17, 2018
August 17, 2018
1. Lunch for today is Corn Dog, Pepperoni Pizza, Yogurt Parfaitm Mixed Vegetable, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Breakfast will be served each day from 7:30 to 7:50 a.m. Regular priced breakfasts are $1.65. Extra milk is $.50 and juice is $1.50. Regular priced lunches are $2.95. If you have not placed any money in your lunch account, you need to do so as soon as possible. Free and Reduced meal applications need to be turned in as soon as possible if you plan on participating in the program. When depositing money in the office you need to specify if you want the money to go on your brother or sisters’ account.
3. The district’s policy on charged meals is if a student has no funds available to pay for a meal, the student will be permitted to charge up to 5 meals. Thereafter, if a student has no funds available to pay for a meal, no food will be provided by the school.
4. Students wishing a second meal (on the main dish only) need to obtain a ticket from the office before lunch on the day you want your seconds meal. You must have money in your account in order to receive a second meal, or to purchase any extra items. Seconds meals cost $1.60 and on name brand pizza day the second piece of pizza will cost $1.80. The fruit and veggie bar and milk comes with the meal and students are encouraged to take advantage of what comes with the meal. There are a number of extra items that can be purchased separately, however these do require that you have money in your account in order to purchase these. Students need to check with their parents to establish any family rules about what you are allowed to put on your account.
5. All Students need to remember to bring back the orange information sheet that was mailed home to you, since this has the Tylenol and Ibuprofen permission on it as well as address and phone changes on it. Students must also return the green student handbook receipt that was mailed home, and the Chrome book receipt with the $20.00 fee for Chromebook use.
6. Students are to use their assigned lockers for their books. The wooden cubbies are for coats & gym bags that will not fit into your locker. Everything in the cubby should be cleaned out each night as you leave the building.
7. Football, Cross Country, Volleyball, and Girls Golf will all practice today after school.
8. Any student who wants to mentor/read at the elementary school should speak with Mrs. Kilmer to get started.
9. Volleyball pictures will be taken after school by Adamson’s today.
10. The weight room will be open before school again this year. The door will be locked at 6:30 and no one will allowed inside after.
11. All class change forms will need to be signed by 4:00 today and turned into the office if you are making any changes for the first semester.
12. There will be a Student Council meeting Monday right after school. Please be in attendance. You can find a list of Student Council members in the office window.
13. Any student interested in Mock Trial needs to sign up in Mrs. Adams' room (113).
14. Congratulations to the Valentine Badgers girls golf team who placed 2nd out of 9 schools at the O’Neill invitational with a team score of 444. this was only 2 strokes behind 1st place Battle Creek. Individually the Badgers medaled 3 girls. Congratulations to Lauren Ferguson who shot 103 and placed 2nd, Shauna Radant who shot a 104 and placed 4th, and Ramsey Ravenscroft who shot a 106 and placed 10th.